KDE Connect connects between your mobile and Linux, wirelessly.
You can copy photos, videos, or other files from mobile, or vise versa.
You can use your mobile as remote control of Linux media player, or even wireless mouse and keyboard. On the other hands, the clipboard of mobile and Linux are shared, so you can use your favorite desktop keyboard and input methods on mobile applications, like Clash-of-Clans and WeChat. The mobile and Linux should be at the same subnet, though.
Another interesting way to use KDE Connect is replacing Yubikey. I use the Yubikey almost everyday. Consequently, it become loose contact, so I need to wiggle it to get the contact. KDE Connect with Google authenticator or FreeOTP Authenticator might to the trick.
AirDroid is feature richer, however, you need to register to AirDroid to use Airdroid, but with KDE Connect you just need to pair it, and the connection is encrypted. Most importantly, AirDroid is not open source.
So far, KDE connect is available in Google play and most major Linux distribution, including Fedora. iOS version is not yet in app store though.
Astrid is acquired by Yahoo. LifeHacker does not seem to keen on it.
While I am quite satisfied what astrid android app generally, it is always good to check some alternative. Producteev was my favorite before astrid provided their own interface, so today I spend a few minutes to do a quick comparison. I haven’t tried the voice task assignment because I never use it. 😛
- Very impressive client.
- It encourages you to finish tasks.
- Good recurrent support: Daily, Weekly, Fortnightly, Monthly, and so on
- Snooze function to postpone reminders and tasks.
- Some of widget do not work.
- Server-> Client sync does no work: Client still remind you the tasks which you ticked-off at server.
- Professional looking Web UI
- Multiple workspace support
- Server->Client sync does work: though it might be slow.
- Client looks exactly like the trim down version of WebUI.
- No so good recurrent support:
- It does not support fortnightly recurrent
- It does not update to the next date when you finish the current one.
Seems like I will stay with astrid for a little while.