Hudson built-in supports JUnit XML reports. But unfortunately, the thing I want Hudson to show is neither written in Java, nor generate by JUnit, yet I managed to create a minimal JUnit XML that is accepted by Hudson. Here is how it looks like:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<testsuite errors="1" failures="1" hostname="HOSTNAME" name="PACKAGENAME" tests="3" time="3.0" timestamp="2010-06-30T05:16:00Z">
<testcase name="TESTCASE1-SUCCESS" time="1.0" />
<testcase name="TESTCASE2-ERROR" time="1.0">
<testcase name="TESTCASE3-FAILURE" time="1.0">
Replace all uppercase text strings with your strings, and attribute
time,failure,error with real values.
Recently I have been using a perl script to analyze returned header from curl and produce a JUnit XML reports.
One small thing that bother me is that it keep generating unnecessary newlines. Of course, I have tried chomp() and couple of similar techniques, but no prevail.
Finally, I though it might be caused by carriage-return (
\r) and fixed script accordingly, and it worked as expected.
There is a good document, Why chomp() is not considering carriage-return, provides why chomp() does not process carriage return and how to get around it. But look, there are some carriage-return floating around, especially from web.
Yesterday I go Google for searching the articles about cdash – web interface for cmake/ctest – and hudson – an extensible continuous integration server.
However, Google insisted that what I really want is the airplane crash in Hudson river, see the screenshot:
Even in the section that suppose to show the result of cdash hudson.
Yeah, I know the workaround is to adding additional keyword, such as “cmake”.
But, come on, don’t try to outsmart users. 🙂
According to selenium’s web site, CSS locator is not only powerful, but also fast.
But despite of that, I was hesitated and kept using xpath, mainly because I hadn’t had idea about how to search by innertext.
Until yesterday, I find that the pseudo class :contains() suit my need. Even better, it supports regex, yay!
But the main push is that XPath is incapable of dealing with certain tags, such as <span>, <label>.
So CSS, here I come!
gnome-screensaver is more stable than xscreensaver (Occasionally I have been lock out by it), yet the default collection of savers is not as rich.
There are several of instructions of how to do this, including:
Can I use xscreensaver “hacks” with gnome-screensaver? and
Add xscreensaver to gnome-screensaver in Fedora Core 6. But their information is somewhat outdated.
Here is my instruction for F-13, referencing this post:
- Install xscreensaver-<whateveryyoulike>. (You do want the richness of xscreensaver savers, don’t you? 🙂 )
# yum install "xscreensaver-<whateveryyoulike>"
- link the xscreensavers binary to gnome-screensaver
# ln -si /usr/libexec/xscreensaver/* /usr/libexec/gnome-screensaver/
-i is for interactive, there is one saver which exists in both gnome-screensaver and xscreensaver.
- Download the migrate-xscreensaver-config.sh script for migrating xscreensaver to gnome-screensaver, as well as the xsl file it needs.
- Assuming you put these files in
chomd +x /tmp/migrate-xcreensaver-config.sh
- Convert xscreensaver config files (.xml) to gnome-screensaver config files (.desktop):
# /tmp/misgrate-xscreensaver-config.sh \ /usr/share/xscreensaver/config/*.xml
- Restart X server. This can be done by logout-login if you are using GDM or KDM.
- That should be it.
[Update] Some user suggest to use xscreensaver-extras-gss , which should be more simple and easier.