Quick comparison between Astrid and Producteev
Astrid is acquired by Yahoo. LifeHacker does not seem to keen on it.
While I am quite satisfied what astrid android app generally, it is always good to check some alternative. Producteev was my favorite before astrid provided their own interface, so today I spend a few minutes to do a quick comparison. I haven’t tried the voice task assignment because I never use it. 😛
- Very impressive client.
- It encourages you to finish tasks.
- Good recurrent support: Daily, Weekly, Fortnightly, Monthly, and so on
- Snooze function to postpone reminders and tasks.
- Some of widget do not work.
- Server-> Client sync does no work: Client still remind you the tasks which you ticked-off at server.
- Professional looking Web UI
- Multiple workspace support
- Server->Client sync does work: though it might be slow.
- Client looks exactly like the trim down version of WebUI.
- No so good recurrent support:
- It does not support fortnightly recurrent
- It does not update to the next date when you finish the current one.
Seems like I will stay with astrid for a little while.