[sane] Mitsubishi Diamond View DV650U
I have a Mitsubishi Diamond View DV 650U scanner which I did not use much, so I am considering selling it. In order to test whether it is still functional and capability of working with linux, I use my RHEL5 to test that, and it works!
- yum install sane-backends sane-backends-libs xsane
- Scanner firmware is also needed, You can find it at driver CD, namely, u176v042.bin. You can also download from http://www.mitsubishielectric.com.au/420.htm
- copy the firmware file as /usr/share/sane/snapsane/your-firmwarefile.bin (Yes, I am too lazy to modify the /etc/sane.d/snapsane.conf).
- Plug out the scanner’s power and USB.
- Plug back scanner’s power and USB.
- See whether your scanner is detected with sane-find-scanner, It should be recognized as ACER flatbed scanner.
- See whether the scanner is detected with scanimage -L.
if not, go back to 4.
- Test with xsane, it should work at this point. If not:
- redo step 4 to 7.
- export SANE_DEBUG_SNAPSCAN=10
- scanimage -d snapscan:libusb:xxx:yyy -x 50 -y 50 –format=tiff > ./test1.tiff
(xxx and yyy are 3-digit integers and from step 7).
- See the debug message and retry.
Hope it is sufficient.